Monday, November 22, 2010

Black and White Film

Now that the darkroom equipment and materials are under control , it is time to select a couple of black and white films. As with photographic paper and chemicals, my usual film choices are not manufactured or changed from the last time I used film. For many years Kodak's Pan X was my film of choice. It is no longer available. My other most used film was Ilford's FP4. It is now (improved?) FP4 Plus. After a bit of research, decided to give Ilford FP4 Plus and Kodak 100 TMax a trial. Neither of these replaces the the Pan X film. The next few days I will be testing these two films. Will also - when a few rolls arrive - test the Ilford Pan F film. This could be a replacement for the Kodak Pan X film. Check back for results. (click on image to enlarge)

No comments: