Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reflection on the Day

Today my neighbor died. I never met him. I had seen him walking, with a cane, to put a letter in the mailbox. My only connection. Scout and I were out doing dog things at 7 this morning and there were three 911 vehicles across the street. Somehow, for some unknown reason, I knew that there was a death in that home. The vehicles stayed for a couple of hours and then left. Scout and I went about our business. Scout to sleep and I went to work on some new images. Later when Scout and I went out , there were four cars at the home. Then a local furniture company truck pulled up to the house and a new mattress and bed were unloaded and delivered to the home. Life and death are not unusual except when it happens close/near to you. According to evening paper there are many sons and daughters as well as a large number of grand kids. The deceased was a local person and much of the family remands the area. Death is a daily event. This time it was too close to home. I wish now that I have would have met/spoke/known this man. My fault. Our time here short, I need to make more of it.

No comments: